About Me

My photo
Little drops of water, little grains of sand, Make the mighty ocean and the pleasant land. Little deeds of kindness, little words of love, Help to make earth happy like the heaven above.

Monday, September 28, 2009

Dilemma 7 : The liar

Ok, the story is about the white lie.

Zjamel has a boyfriend, called Bernard, and he is having an affair with Ethel ( A married woman). Zjamel asks him:"Are you two having an affair?", Bernard said:" Of course not, darling," and gives her a big kiss. Zjamel's hearer.t picks up, and she feels much better, and in a few months Bernard and Ethel have got bored of the affair and no one ever thinks about the matter again. The questions is: Did Bernard do the right thing?

Well, in my opinion, as much as I hate being lied to, I don’t think today’s society could survive without lies, I totally agree and believe that "lying is a necesary of life." The reason for Bernard lied to Zjamel is that he doesn't want to upset her, even through he dosen't like lying either. Bernard just wants to get over, either he is trying to get past this difficult situation with little hardship to himself, or he is trying to get things to go his way. Maybe he couldn't bare to tell Zjamel about the truth because he knew it would crush them . Maybe you couldn't bare to tell someone you care about the truth because you knew it would crush them (the person telling the lie doesn't have to face the difficult task of hurting the person they care about).

If you are the person on the receiving end of the lie, maybe it’s easy to say, "I’d rather you have told me the truth." The truth of the matter is that the person on the giving end of the lie doesn’t have the constitution to tell you that truth and deal with the consequences of that truth. However, someone close to me or someone I deeply trusted lying to me would really disappoint me. If I can’t trust you, if I can’t believe what you say, how I can I be around you? I don't want myself to be too suspicious. But, how to stop people lying and how can the people who receive lies accept the truth?

1 comment:

chris sivewright said...

Do businesses lie - and to whom?